2015 Infiniti QX80 Limited
Class: Standard SUV
Fuel Economy: 14/20
Base Price: $63,250
Everyone is partial to a certain type of vehicle and for me it’s an SUV. Maybe it’s because I have four children, and even though they are now in their 20s, it’s nice to be able to travel together whether it’s out to eat or on a road trip. The 2015 Infiniti QX80 (new badge for the QX56) Limited caters to my “love” offering the most premium SUV available.
Wondering what’s new on the 2015 model? Rich color schemes and a full complement of luxury and safety innovations for starters, and much more, as you can see from the list below:
- New QX80 Limited with unique exterior highlights, ultra-luxury interior and state-of-the-art entertainment and safety technology
- New Infiniti-signature front fascia and grille, LED headlights and fog lights
- New bright finish side rearview mirror covers (Deluxe Technology package only)
- Revised 20-inch and 22-inch aluminum-alloy wheel designs
- New fully integrated rear bumper protector, flush surface front and rear sonar sensors
- Three new exterior colors: Hermosa Blue, Graphite Shadow and Majestic White (Moonlight White and Platinum Graphite no longer available)
- Revised interior grade level content, with greater visual differentiation between trim offerings – with Mocha Burl trim replacing the previous Tuscan Burl and new Stratford Burl trim added to Deluxe Technology Package
- New available technologies include Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW) and standard High Beam Assist
- Two new option packages: Driver Assistance Package and Deluxe Technology Package
- Offered in two models: QX80 and QX80 AWD
Vehicles of yesteryear
Vehicles go through cycles just like everything else. Back in the 90s, station wagons started fading and SUVs took over with a bang. Later on, gas prices soared and it became hard for many to maintain the trips to the gas station required by an SUV. For folks like me, in the heyday of childrearing, I needed an SUV…and more than that…I wanted an SUV!
Today, crossovers have made a big splash, but there are still sophisticated products available that enrich the large SUV market and keep it sexy…like the QX80. Eight passenger capacity and heavy duty design make this Infiniti melt my heart. Throw in an amenity package that sets a new standard for tech savvy drivers, extra power for my highway life, a luxurious interior and a curvy exterior and I’m sold!
A few of my favorite things
The engine in this more-than-two-ton SUV requires something powerful like a 400-hp 5.6-liter V-8 with a seven-speed automatic transmission. Yea, that ought to do it!
The exterior redesign is gorgeous with a new grille and lighting enhancements. The QX80 demands to be noticed in a crowd or alone.
The interior craftsmanship is second to none. The seats are amazingly comfortable and all amenities are well thought out with rich colors and premium materials.
Innovative technologies are fantastic with the 13-speaker Bose system being at the top of that list and closely followed by rear camera (for safety), blind-spot warning and Bluetooth capabilities.
Infiniti is already known for producing safe, reliable, family vehicles, but this one is over the top! They have really returned sexy to the SUV segment and have taken back a market share that was seemingly lost.
Are you a car enthusiast or just love seeing what’s new in the automobile world? Check out the reviews at http://beallswheels.com/.
Photos provided by Infiniti. I drove the Infiniti QX80 for a week and was given a tank of gas plus they maintain insurance and so forth. No compensation of any kind was given. Opinions are all my own.