Alabamians know the beauty of the state’s gorgeous coastal beaches, but what some miss out on are the hassle-free holidays that can be spent there!
Traditions are fabulous, but sometimes a new tradition may be just the ticket for relaxation and family together time during this sometimes stressful season of the year. A trip to Gulf Shores or Orange Beach during the holiday season offers rewarding moments and I’ve listed a few here for your consideration.
- If you insist on your own holiday family meal with your own treasured recipes, then a condo with a full kitchen can still allow for that. Added value – eating that beautiful meal on a balcony overlooking the ocean.
- If you need a break from cooking, then check out several area restaurants who will prepare a Thanksgiving feast for your family. Cobalts, Voyagers at Perdido Beach Resort, Hazel’s and Cayman Grill are just to name a few serving full Thanksgiving meals. For a complete list, visit http://www.gulfshores.com/!userfiles/11-13.Thanksgiving%20dining%20flyer%202015.pdf. Added value – no one has to do dishes!
- DEALS this time of year make it a budget-friendly time to get away! For instance: Young’s Suncoast Realty and Vacation Rentals is offering a Thanksgiving Package (11/23/15 – 11/30/15) with 25% off rates on three – six night stays PLUS FREE attraction tickets (for things like Dolphin Cruises or paddleboarding)! Get full details at http://www.gulfshores.com/details/thanksgiving-package–25-off-3-6-night-stays-plus-attraction-tickets/686/defaultPackages.aspx. Added value – an easy-on-the-wallet-yet-spontaneous trip!
- Getting the whole family together can be tricky, but sometimes when there’s a beach trip involved, it is more enticing. Everyone loves to get away and have a few days to rest and unwind especially leading up to the hectic holidays. Alabamians from any point in the state have no more than a six hour drive to the Gulf Shores and Orange Beach area. To see directions from where you are, visit http://www.gulfshores.com/travel-tools/maps-directions/. Added value – family together time.
- The weather is still awesome in Alabama’s coastal community even in November. You can expect weather in the 60s which is warm considering the rest of the state can be anywhere from high 30s to 50s this time of year. For complete weather information, check out http://www.gulfshores.com/travel-tools/weather/. Added value – longer shorts-wearing season!