If you listened to today’s broadcast about Memphis, North Myrtle Beach and Spring Break accommodations on Alabama’s Gulf Coast, here are all the linkups you’ll need to find out more information specifically about each destination. And if you didn’t have time to catch the show, it’s on iHeart Radio at http://www.iheart.com/show/53-The-Travel-Voice-by-Becky/.
The Memphis Zoo – the perfect venue for families and one of my favorite zoos of all time. Find out more at www.memphiszoo.org.
Graceland – the home of Elvis Presley is a popular tourist stop in Memphis right on Elvis Presley Blvd. For a more authentic Elvis-related trip, check out accommodations at the Heartbreak Hotel right across the street from Graceland. Information on both of these venues can be found at www.graceland.com.
Don’t miss the world-famous Peabody Ducks marching daily at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. For more information on this luxury hotel, for reservations and to verify daily march times, visit www.peabodymemphis.com.
Barbecue restaurants in Memphis:
• Pig on Beale, 167 Beale Street, www.pigonbeale.com.
• Blues City Café, 138 Beale Street, www.bluescitycafe.com.
• B.B. King’s Blues Club, 143 Beale Street, www.bbkingclubs.com/memphis/.
• Charlie Vergos’ Rendezvous, 52 South Second Street, www.hogsfly.com.
Memphis in May is a wonderful celebration of culture, customs and heritage. Find out more at www.memphisinmay.org.
For help planning travel and updates on the opening of the Blues Hall of Fame and Bass Pro Shop at the Pyramid, visit www.memphistravel.com.
Barefoot Resort and Golf – North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Barefoot Resort and Golf offers top notch accommodations and your choice of four championship golf courses. More information can be found at www.barefootgolf.com.
For dining, shopping and entertainment, don’t miss Barefoot Landing and my favorite restaurants:
• House of Blues (www.houseofblues.com) is an award-winning entity offering the best in live music, regional and international culinary dishes, along with a fun collection of folk art. The food is a combination of American and International inspired cuisine with something for everyone on the menu. Experience happy hour and live music on The Deck Friday and Saturday nights (check web site for times).
• Greg Norman’s Australian Grille (www.gregnormansaustraliangrille.com) offers amazing Mediterranean food featuring wood-grilled classics and Australian dishes complimented by an expansive Wine Spectator Award Winning wine list. The ambiance is as spectacular as the meal itself and there is a pub on property (yet separate from the dining area) that features live nightly entertainment.
If you are looking for Spring Break accommodations on Alabama’s beautiful gulf coast, please check out my guest blog at http://www.gulfshores.com/blog/2015/02/27/count-lodging-options-gulf-shores-orange-beach/.
As always, thanks for listening today and I hope this helps you book a fabulous vacation!